Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Finding Your Rhythm


As an 18 year old young mom, I was clueless.  I really didn’t know what I didn’t know.  Diapers, sleepless nights, teething, and don’t get me started on the terrible twos.  Eventually, we found our rhythm.  As a 42 year old adoptive mom, I was clueless.  I really didn’t know what I didn’t know.   Tears (both theirs and mine), fears (real and imagined), slow to trust, sweet and loving one minute/stubborn and defiant the next, tantrums (both theirs and mine). 

I have discovered that the things that worked with the older kid have no impact on the younger kids.  There are days I find myself frustrated when nothing seems to work and I can’t get through.  Then I hear “Mom, guess what happened at school today”, and I know we’ll be ok.  I don’t have to have all of the answers and that’s ok.   Finding our rhythm this time around is a little trickier.  Some days it is like navigating a mine field.  But most days it is such a blessing, filled with laughter and playfulness. 
April Chavez

No comments: