Would you like more information about FIESTA?

Click "webform" if you'd like us to contact you... Web Form

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hello All!
This is Tim Martinez from Northern NM. I am the adoptive father of six, that's right, six children. I never thought I would or could be the father of such wonderful and amazing kiddos. I also never thought that I would be writing on a blog!
I wanted to chime in on this blog to touch base with other families that have adopted, that are thinking about adoption or just found this blog at three in the morning cause you couldn't sleep!
Being a parent is the toughest job out there, hands down. I only wonder what tomorrow will bring, sometimes with hesitation, sometimes with happiness, sometimes with plain old fear!
I have been through Crazy Town many times in my trek to bring up a well connected, happy, and fun to be around child. I purposely left out the adjectives: responsible,successful,and respected. I believe that if I raise my children to be well connected, happy and fun to be around, the other things will fall into place. Easy to say and a bit harder to do.
My wife is the glue that keeps everything together. She is just an awesome person! I wonder where she hides her battery pack cause she just never stops going.
Which brings me to the point of my message. WE NEED EACH OTHER!! We need our wives, we need our husbands, we need our partners. We need friends, family members, co-workers. We are human beings, and being as such we are biologically made to need other human interaction.
I am not a versed writer or have my English Lit major, as you can surely tell, however, I got behind my computer and had to try and send a message that we need to form a sense of community again, We need to help one another. When I need help with something, I call call on my wife, a neighbor, or a close friend.
Building a close friendship does not happen overnight, and we have to open up ourselves and be a bit vulnerable(which is terribly hard for most males, myself included). The rewards are worth more than rubies or gold!
So I am calling on all who read this blog from an old man up in northern NM to start forming a community based way to bring up our kids. Call a friend, family member or neighbor at start the process of building relationships and tight knit bonds that will stand strong through all the storms that families like ours go through everyday.
Lets raise some well connected, happy and fun to be around kids!
Regards,
TM

No comments: